E-Assessment with Calibrand Test
Calibrand Test is a powerful Internet or Intranet-based system that enables organisations to objectively test the capabilities, skills and knowledge of their workforce. It is used in a range of important business activities including certification, citizenship, licensing, compliance testing, continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
What is Calibrand Test's role within the Employment Cycle?
Calibrand Test plays an important role in the Employment Cycle, particularly for:
- Identifying skills gaps
- Recruiting new staff
- Certification & licensing of current staff
- Providing focus for the training and development process
- Measuring all aspects of your workforce talent in a comprehensive, efficient, and integrated way
What can Calibrand Test help me achieve?
For you Calibrand's system will:
- Provide a core component of a licensing or certification programme
- Test employees' knowledge and ability to meet business rules or regulatory requirements
- Support a programme of Compliance Testing
- Test employee knowledge, understanding or application of key duties
- Support an organisation's commitment to Lifelong Learning and Continuing Professional Development
- Assess an employee's personality profile and assess aptitude, capabilities, other skills and potential to develop
For the candidates, Calibrand's system:
- Offers sophisticated functionality, with simple user interface
- Is personalised and focuses on their assessment targets
- Provides a reliable and valid record of evidence
- Is interactive, allowing ongoing feedback
- Gives opportunities for practice testing and self-assessment
Calibrand Test incorporates a wide range of features and functionality to give administrators and managers control and flexibility over the development and marking of tests.
Calibrand Test produces statistics to aid administrators in managing the appropriateness of content and validating the quality of the test. Statistics reported on include:
- Facility – how easy a question is
- Discrimination – how good a question is at differentiating between high and lower quality candidates
- Reliability – how valid a particular version of a test is in comparison to a collection of similar tests
Statistics are calculated and reported on over a time-period enabling performance monitoring of content and assessments.
Content & Assessment Management
- Content protocols
- How the content is prepared and loaded; approved and reviewed; and linked to learning materials
- Assessment construction
- The areas of assessment, number of items, golden areas, randomisation, time-limits and warnings
- Assessment delivery
- How the test is produced: Online, offline via paper or download, or a mixture of options
- Re-sit strategies
- Number of re-sits available; enforcing time delays before a re-sit; and unit or whole assessment re-sits
The level of user detail held within the application is controlled and managed by the organisation. Where pre-existing user data is in electronic format, simplified data links and feeds are used; alternatively, Calibrand Test provides a comprehensive user administration module.
Multi-dimensional levels for user roles and options are in place to ensure security of data, assessment process and results.
Performance Feedback and Management Reporting
Calibrand Test provides feedback for both candidates and the organisation. Different styles and levels of detail may be applied to the feedback for both and for different assessments, such as:
- Pass/Fail notification
- Specific learning points
- Question or Answer level guidance
- Comprehensive model answers
- Full suite of management information reports
Timing for delivery of feedback is controlled by the administrator on a test-by-test basis.
If you would like further information on Calibrand Test, or the other core modules or services available, or to arrange an initial exploratory meeting, please contact us.