E-Portfolio is a powerful application that allows you to track the progress of candidates at all stages within their training programme, providing each candidate with a central, personal collection of achievements. Candidates, assessors, and managers can access the e-portfolio system through secure measures, at any Internet point, at anytime.
What is e-portfolio's role within the Employment Cycle?
Calibrand e-Portfolio plays a key role throughout the Employment Cycle, and in particular in recording activities and outcomes from training & development, guiding users through a range of different appraisal types, matching pre-defined objectives with achievements and feeding into talent planning and skills gap analysis tools.
What can Calibrand e-Portfolio help me achieve?
For you Calibrand's system is:
- Multi-dimensional to accommodate a wide range of specialist appraisals and assessments
- Collective, providing a common tool that brings valuable learning systems together
- A time and money saver, by offering online testing and portfolio tools, with multi-source feedback and reporting facilities
- Secure, meeting stringent governing criteria
- Designed to incorporate your key values
For the candidates, Calibrand's system:
- Offers sophisticated functionality, with simple user interface
- Is personalised, creating individual portfolios
- Provides a reliable and valid record of achievements
- Is interactive, allowing ongoing feedback, reflection, and communication between professionals
Plans & Tasks
The initial gateway allows system users to create and plan the training programme, using either ad hoc requirements or accessing pre-defined standards and qualifications from the application's Library module. During the programme the plan may be updated, reviewed, and revised depending on the user's role and access rights.
An easy to use interface enables the users (candidates or assessors) to record activities against their plans and upload supporting evidence, ready for assessment and verification. Evidence may be in a variety of formats, usually:
- Observation reports
A variety of assessment tools are available within the application, some of which are controlled as 'online' assessments, while others may be managed offline with results recorded via the portfolio manager and then 'marked/graded' by an assessor.
Assessments types include:
- 360° feedback
- Objective/target based appraisals
- CPD monitoring
- Online multiple choice and case study tests;
- Essay and comprehension tests
Assessors evaluate the portfolio of evidence and appropriately accept, request more or reject evidence.
Workflow & Messages
The system monitors activities and actions taken by users and handles key workflow tasks through the portfolio assessment process.
An example of the messages available include:
- New portfolio created
- New evidence uploaded
- Evidence reviewed/rejected/accepted
- Portfolio approved by internal assessor/line manager
- Portfolio ready for certification/verification
- Portfolio certified
In addition to the above core modules, Calibrand e-Portfolio provides access to or holds key management tools and information such as:
- Contact address book
- Succession planning models and reports
- Document management and library
- System and context administration
- Management information reports and funding returns
If you would like further information on Calibrand e-Portfolio, or the other core modules or services available, or to arrange an initial exploratory meeting, please contact us.